Friday, February 8, 2013

    Cold working (cutting, grinding, and polishing) my new sculptures is a slow going process. While I have removed all the plaster from the peices, I only have the main sprews (air vents to let the glass into the sculpture when it is melting) cut off of one of my peices. After this it is a long process to remove the rest of the excess glass and to do the final smothing out of the surfaces. It is work that requires patience and a steady hand.

    While I may spend a lot of my time working on this, it doesn't exclude me from working on other projects! I just bought 50lbs of clay and sculpting tools so that I can start working on the model for my next sculpture. I plan for this one to be almost double the size of the original series! The use of clay to sculpt this new model instead of wax may cause a difference in surface texture to the piece, but in return it allows of the piece to be made quicker and easier than working so big in hard wax would allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment