Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello Everybody!

I'm Heather Kremen, a glass blower and kiln caster located in Minneapolis, MN.

I am also the assistant to glass blower David Royce. While I work at his studio I also use th estudio space at Foci Glass. Foci's a really cool community glass center located right here in town! I teach kiln casting classes there, and am an instructor for a summer glass camp we have goign on for kids!

I began blowing glass in the summer of 2007 in Omaha, NE. It was a three day intensive class at Cyrstal Forge at Hot Shops. The first time I worked with the glass I was addicted. By the end of the first day I knew that was what I wanted to do!

Since then I have moved up to Minneapolis for college. I graduated from the University of Minnesota this spring with degrees in Art, Global Studies and a minor in Asian Languages and Literature. While I have all that I still am continuing my dream of blowing glass!  I have been blowing at Foci Glass since 2008.

In 2010 I took a year to study abroad in Japan. It was fantastic! What I loved especially was that while studying I was able to take night classes at Tokyo Glass Arts Institute, a glass blowing school in Tokyo. I began by just blowing glass, but during my second semester there I began taking day classes in casting and cutting glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment