Thursday, November 1, 2012

SOFA

This weekend is the SOFA Expo, that is the Sculptural Objects and Functional Art + Design Expo, in Chicago.  My boss, David Royce, got invited down as part of a gallery. He's been there all week setting up his exhibit for tonight's opening night. We decided to bring down some of his larger more complex works especially the Cranes (like the bird not the machinery).  I'll be leaving myself to join him there tomorrow. It's a great show and one I'm really lookign forward to. Hopefully I'll meet a lot of great artists, listen to some awesome lectures and see David sell some of his work. There are some lectures I'm particulairly looking forward to like  Ivana Šrámková's "What's the Future of Figure," "The Studio Glass Movement: A Driver's Manual" a pannel discussion by the heads of many glass schools around the country, "50 at 50" a review of the most influential glass artists in the past 50 years and their probably influence in the future, and a history lession in both Parts 1 and 2 in "Pioneers Of American Studio Glass," and lastly Junko Narita's Lecture on the Japanese Doll in "Human Forms." It should be a full weekend but hopefulyl quite enjoyable. If you're around Chicago and interested in coming to see the expo for yourself or are interested in looking at more infor about it check out it's web page: http://www.sofaexpo.com/


Also, I just set up a facebook page for Green Infiniti Please come befriend me and share my page with those you feel will enjoy it! You can find me at: http://www.facebook.com/greeninfinitiglass

Lastly, I have one more fair coming up this year. It's the Plymouth Art Fair November 16th and 17th! Last chance to get your hand blown Christmas presents in person. If you don't make it, you can still get things by shooting me an e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment